Monday, September 17, 2012

Finally got the Internet

Where do we start,we miss all of you especially are dear children and grandchildren and of course that includes all the in-laws even Thomas, and all of our family and friends back home. Haven't even been here a week yet, lots of adjusting to do especially for me, as John knew what it was like before hand. Been quite a cultural shock for me to see the condition's that these people live in. Breaks your heart,had a good cry after we arrived in our apartment. Our place is owned by wealthy member's here,so when I send picture's you,ll be shocked at how nice it is, but out side the gate it's an entirely a different story. My blog is in Tagalog so can't post picture's yet as I can't understand how to do it. Ate at some member's Sunday and have been sick all night and most of today,but not so bad! I'm sure it will get better. People are wonderful here,so much faith,probably takes 2-3 days work for them to have enough money to get to church. (amazing)It's late now,quite tired been waking up at 3 a.m. crazy time change. Hasn't affected John as much,nor has the food, he has a stomach of steel I think,or mine is awful week.It,s really hot and humid,haven't seen the sun yet rains every day. Haven't any air-con ,should get some next week hopefully,we take lot's of showers. There was a spider as big as my hand on our ceiling saturday night we have a very tall ceiling in our grass hut so couldn't get it down,try sleeping with that on your mind. Also all the geko's crawling on the walls. I must say I'm doing better than I thought I would with all that stuff. Church was great, bore our testimonies in both branches,have more in attendance than P.G. Wards. Life is good, count your blessings you have so much.Thank heavens we have the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Love you all. Kids will try and skype around 6 p.m. your time,if any of you are around.

3 comments:

tchutchins said...

yay! We finally heard from you!! I think it is now setting in that you are actually way far away! can't wait to talk to you tonight!! Love ou!

Marissa said...

YOU'RE ALIVE! So exciting to hear your update. LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! I will email you with instructions on how to get your computer back in English. Thanks for posting. ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE! Can't wait to hear from you tonight.

The Gwilliams said...

It was so fun reading your post and hearing what has been going on since you got there! I was telling Ez how awesome this blog is going to be so we can always be getting updates and seeing pictures. We love ya and can't wait to hear more.