Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Coincidence? I think not

Today was mission temple day and our session was scheduled for 8 am so we had to get up at 4 to get there on time. As it turned out though the traffic wasn't bad so we got there early.Somehow though some one had goofed and we weren't even on the schedule so they did an extra session at 8:30 for us.We enjoyed the session and then towards the end I noticed the name tag of the the worker who was assisting me said Cerillio.I thought about that name as I continued on into the next room; could it be? Naw,it couldn't be.Later I saw that same brother in the hallway; hewas kind of walking away from me so I quietly called " Brother Cerillio".He turned around and said"who are you?" I said "Elder Gwilliam"."Oh", he said "you baptized me".Here before me was Tony Cerillio who I had taught and baptized as a 17 year-old boy 34 years ago and now here we had met in the temple.I never thought I would ever find him again and here he was!He has 2 children a boy and a girl both of whom served missions.It was so amazing to meet him! Just think if we had been on the 8am session chances are we would not have met.I just can't believe all the tender mercies the Lord gives us.Coincidence? I know not!

No comments: